Novel Cinderella Tears: Hailey's Story (Context Page)

Novel Cinderella Tears: Hailey's Story (Context Page)

CryptoTab

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Chapter Fifteen Part 2 of 3

~Five days later, Monday afternoon, 17th October, within the hospital Emma work in

 Hailey woke up, within the hospital. She was a bit confused about where she was, considering the fact she had been in a coma for so many days. Hailey looked around the room.

Eric was in the room, Eric kept his word and he spent all of his free time here, in the hospital, to take care of Hailey.

“You are awake.” Eric said

Hailey was a bit frightened “Who are you? Where am I?” Hailey said

A nurse saw Hailey woke up and came in “You are awake.” The nurse said

“Where am I?” Hailey asked

“You are in a hospital. You have been in a coma for the past few days. The ambulance found you lying on the streets unconscious, when they drove by you. There was nobody here to take care of you. Mr. Reid there has volunteer to take care of you, for the past few days” the nurse said

Hailey took a look at Eric “Thanks” Hailey said

Eric didn’t say anything.

A few minutes later, Emma walked into the room. “Hey.” Emma said, “How are you feeling?” Emma said

“Not so good. I feel dizzy.” Hailey said

“That is just the medicine working.” Emma said

“Where is Sam?” Hailey asked “Can you call him for me?”

“I won’t recommend it.” Emma replied, then Emma turned to the nurse and Eric “Eric, Elizabeth, can you leave us along, for a little while please?” Emma said

“Sure” Eric replied, with that Eric and the nurse left the room.

“Sam hit you again, didn’t he?” Emma said

“No, he didn’t. I fell down the stairs.” Hailey replied.

“Don’t lye to me. Don’t keep me out of the loop girl, don’t.” Emma said

“Everything is fine.” Hailey said

Emma sighed “I had a look at your X rays. Hailey it…” Emma sentence was been cut off again.

“Emma, please don’t try to convince me. I am fine, really.” Hailey said

Emma sighed “I want to keep you in the hospital, for a bit longer. I want to make sure you are ok. You got some internal bleeding as well, broke a few rips, also. You are not leaving this hospital anytime soon.” Emma said

“Angela can take my class.” Hailey said

“The school already got a substitute.” Emma said “Hailey please…” Emma’s sentence was been cut off

“Emma, seriously, everything is fine. Sam and I…ouch.” Hailey cried out in pain.

“Don’t talk too heavily. You can’t afford to right now.” Emma said

“Would any of these medicines, have any side effect on the baby?” Hailey asked

Emma paused for a while “No” she finally said

“What’s wrong? Why did you pause for so long?” Hailey said

Emma sighed “There is no easy way of telling you this Hailey, but…” Emma sentence stopped, not sure what to say next.

“But, but what?” Hailey said worried.

“Hailey, you survive that attack on you, but your baby didn’t. You lost your baby.” Emma finally said

“No, that can’t be possible. It can’t be. It can’t be. You are lying to me, Emma. You are lying!!! You are lying!” Hailey started yelling and crying, like she gone insane.

Emma took a step back, not sure what to do.

Hailey’s condition, doesn’t allow her to get this emotionally negatively and her body started to exercise problem. A few seconds later, Tang and a few nurses and two intern doctors, came into the room, to try to keep Hailey alive.

“You are a liar. You are a liar!” Hailey was still yelling.

“Calm down, Miss Walker, calm down.” Tang quickly said, but that wasn’t working.

“You liar, this should not be happening, you are lying to me! You are lying!” Hailey continue to yell.

“Ok, that is it. Do it.” Tang said to one of the interns.

The intern nodded and then he quickly injected a needle into Hailey and put her into a sleep, and a few second later, all of Hailey’s vital became stable again.

“You got cold feet. That is so unlike you.” Tang said to Emma, afterwards. “It is always more difficult to operate on people you know. Especially those, who you are close to, don’t be too hard on yourself” Tang said

“Ok” Emma said.

Tang walked away.

Emma stood there, for a few seconds “Ok, that is it” Emma finally thought to herself, with that, Emma walked out of the room and to Tang.

“Tang, do me a favor. When Chan come to pick up the kids, tell him they are at the nurses’ reception, Ok? There is somewhere I need to go, right now.” Emma said

“Yeah sure.” Tang said

Then, Emma took a look at her watch. It was 5:00 PM, still early enough. Emma quickly called Nancy, another doctor within the hospital.

“Hello?” Nancy picked up the phone and said

“Nancy, I know I lost that bet to you, so I have to take your night shift for the month. But this is an emergency. I need you to come here.” Emma said

“Oh, come on, I already made plans for tonight.” Nancy said

“Nancy” Emma said

“But, I still have to get to the hospital.” Nancy said

“Nancy, you live five minutes, within walking distance.” Emma said

“Alright, alright, I’ll be there soon.” Nancy said

Five minutes later, Nancy came to the hospital.

Emma quickly went to Tang “So Tang, Chan is coming to the hospital, to pick up the kids, around 6:30, ok? Make sure you take him to the nurses’ reception, so he won’t get lost, ok? I have to go now, this is an emergency.” Emma said

“What’s wrong, what is it?” Tang asked

“No time to explain!” Emma said as she quickly jogged out of the hospital.

Ten minutes later, Chan arrived to the hospital.

“Hey Tang.” Chan said, when he saw his brother

“Hey” Tang replied

“Where is Emma?” Chan asked in Cantonese.

“I am not sure. Oh yeah, by the way, you know that kid Eric Reid, who has been taking care of, Hailey Walker?” Tang said in Cantonese.

“What about him?” Chan asked

A few second later, Nancy walked passed, “Hey, you are Chan, Emma’s boy friend, right?” Nancy said

“Yeah. What about it?” Chan asked

“She says she got some form of emergency that she need to go to. You know what that is about?” Nancy asked

“No idea.” Chan frowned and said “Nothing happened to the kids, did it?” Chan asked

“No, they are down stairs, at the nurses’ reception. Emma pacifically asked me to take you there, in case you get lost.” Tang said

“Emma is not in the hospital?” Chan asked

“No, she left in a rush.” Nancy said

“Ok, that is weird. I’ll call her cell phone.” Chan said, as he started looking for Emma’s number, on his mobile’s speed dial.

“Oh yeah, by the way, that Hailey Walker girl woke up.” Tang said to Nancy.

“Who woke up?” Chan asked

“Hailey Walker, the one your boy Eric, is taking care of.” Tang said

“Shit, I know where Emma is. Tang, if I don’t make it back in time, can you baby sit the children tonight?” Chan said

“Yeah sure, but…” Tang did not have the time to finish his sentence

“Thanks, I got to go. It is an emergency.” Chan quickly said and jogged out of the hospital.

“What is wrong with those two?” Tang asked

“Beat the hell out of me. I got a date tonight. Now, I have to cancel it.” Nancy said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment