Novel Cinderella Tears: Hailey's Story (Context Page)

Novel Cinderella Tears: Hailey's Story (Context Page)

CryptoTab

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Chapter 4 Part 2 of 3

~The following day Wednesday Night 29th June Sydney

Tang just got off the plan, from Hong Kong to Sydney. Tang is Chan’s brother. Chan was meant to pick up his brother from the airport today, but instead, he got stuck in Parliament at Canberra, debating to pass a new bill.

Emma ended up, been the one, going to the airport, to pick up Tang. Tang would be staying in Australia for a few months. Just like Emma, Tang is a doctor. He was here to attend a medical conference. He would also be lecturing in the University of NSW, this semester and has taken up a temporary position, in the hospital that Emma works in, mentoring some interns.

Emma parked the car in the airport’s parking lot and then walked into the airport to find Tang. Tang had already gone through custom and was waiting for Emma, near a MacDonald, within the airport. When Emma saw Tang, she started walking towards him.

“Hey, what’s up?” Tang smiled and said

“Hey, how is your flight?” Emma smiled.

“It’s Ok, I get to fly for free, so I get to fly business class, lucky, not as good as first class, but at least it is better than economic class, which I normally take. So, how are you doing” Tang said

“Not bad, how is Carol, is she here with you?” Emma asked

Carol is a white girl, which Tang met the last time he was in Australia, they started dating when they were in Australia and sometime later Carol got a job transfer to Hong Kong.

“Ah, things didn’t really work out.” Tang said

“Really, what happened?” Emma asked. She and Tang started walking towards Emma’s car.

“I think her dad is a racist. I mean, I met her father for the first time, the last time he was in Hong Kong. I mean, I don’t mind he doesn’t speak Cantonese considering the fact he is just a tourist, but when we met, he naturally assumes that the reason my family is Ok, for me been with a girl that is not of my race, is a western influence. That is really offensive and, in my opinion, I think her dad is a racist, because of that. I just don’t want to associate with a person like her father, so I ended it. I mean you don’t see me assuming white people think murder is wrong, due to an Eastern influence.” Tang said

“Oh, he is not a racist that is just ignorance, Tang. Just tolerate him, don’t throw away, what you got with Carol, over this. I think you guys got something good going on there.” Emma said

Tang smiled “Well, it doesn’t matter now. Carol met an American guy name Denny, who worked in the same company, as she does, in Hong Kong. They are already engaged. I am pretty happy for them” Tang said.

“That is nice” Emma said

“Yap” Tang replied

Tang and Emma reached, Emma’s car

“Look, I am sorry for coming late. You know how things are in the ER.” Emma said

“Apparently, I do.” Tang said “But you did have time to get change out of your scrubs.” Tang joked

Emma looked at her cloth. She was wearing an army green T shirt and dark blue jeans, she looked extremely sexy in it, but the fact is, Emma look sexy in anything. Emma’s three main beauty secret is firstly, she already has the genetic combination of a knock out sexy babe, secondly, stay fit and stay healthy, that is also why she is doing kick boxing and Tai-Kong Dow and thirdly, use good moisture cream to keep her skin pretty and healthy.

“Yah, I manage to get change in time.” Emma said

The two of them got into Emma’s car and Emma started driving

Tang insists on paying for the parking fee, within the airport, despite the fact that Emma continued telling him not to do so.

“Is that Chan in the radio?” Tang said when he heard the sound of the news report, coming out of the radio, of Emma’s car.

“Yeah, it is about that bill, that they want to pass, he and the Prime Minister are holding a press conference, right after they finish debating about it in parliament.” Emma said

“I’m turning it up, I want to hear it.” Tang said

“Ok.” Emma replied.

Tang turned the volume, of the car’s radio, up. After the short news report with Chan and the Prime Minister in it, is over, Tang turned the volume down again.

“Man, I can’t believe it. My baby brother is really handling himself, like a real politician.” Tang said

“Yes, I still can’t believe it either.” Emma said

A few minutes later, Emma’s cell phone rang. It was Chan. Emma put Chan on speaker and answered it.

“Hey babe, I heard you on the radio a minute ago, with that press conference.” Emma said

“It is in the news already? We just called that press conference five minutes ago.” Chan said

“Well, I just pick your brother up from the airport, I am driving right now. You want to speak with him?” Emma said

“Oh, cool.” Chan replied

“Chan, how are you doing bro?” Tang said. Tang and Chan started communicating in Cantonese.

“Not bad, how’s your flight.” Chan said

“Awesome, I flew Business class, way better the Economic class.” Tang replied “Oh yes, heard you on the radio, a minute ago.” Tang added

“Yeah, I know, I cannot believe how fast those journalists are. Anyway, are you sure, you won’t be staying with us?” Chan asked

“So what policy, were you guys passing, within the Parliament?” Tang asked

“Dud, I thought you were listening to the radio.” Chan said

“Yeah, but I am not exactly Australian. I do not know the politic of this country.” Tang said

Chan told Tang about the policy they were trying to pass through the parliament today.

“So, you sure you won’t be staying with us?” Chan said, after he finished explain the policy to Tang

“Nan, man, they are paying for my hotel bill, I’ll be stupid not to take advantage of it. We are still going to hang out, I mean you live in the city and my hotel is in the city too. And do you know what the best thing about Australia is?” Tang said

“What is it?” Chan asked

“You know how mum is always going on about find a girl settle down, on a 24/7 basis. And you know how, we can never get into a causal relationship or one-night stands because of that in Hong Kong, because the second we do, mum will be like ‘you found a girl, well, take her home to dinner tomorrow.” Tang said

“I know that was freaky. That reminded me, you remember that time I was chatting with this random girl in Canada, on the internet and then totally out of the blue, she started saying she wanted to come to Hong Kong, so we can have a relationship and we totally freak out?” Chan said

“I remember that and mum’s idea wanting us to take a girl we just met for three days back to our family dinner is” Tang started 

“That is just as freaky, as that Canada girl, in the exact same way.” Chan and Tang said together and laughed

“Any because we are in Australia now, I don’t have to worry about mum’s ‘find a girl and settle down’ routing, I am going to spend some of my free time here trying to get laid and have one-night stands, without having to worry about mum, wanting me to get serious with that girl. I even bought a book. It’s in my baggage. It is call 101 ways to pick up an Aussie girl.” Tang said

Emma giggled a little bit, Tang didn’t know about it, but Emma does know how to speak Cantonese.

“I understand you, you know?” Emma said in Cantonese

And I just found out your girlfriend speaks Cantonese and we just had a bunch of guys talk in front of her, very embarrassing.” Tang said to Chan over the phone.

Chapter Four Part 3 of 3



Chapter Four Part 3 of 3

No comments:

Post a Comment