Novel Cinderella Tears: Hailey's Story (Context Page)

Novel Cinderella Tears: Hailey's Story (Context Page)

CryptoTab

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Chapter One Part 3 of 3

Hailey walked into the school.
https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1549436906-fef9e7682ede?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&ixid=eyJhcHBfaWQiOjEyMDd9&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1100&q=80
“Good morning” said Angela, while bumping into Hailey in the school hallway

“Good morning.” Hailey replied

“Jesus! What happened to your eye?” Angela asked, when she saw Hailey’s black eye

“I tripped over the bath tub last night.” Hailey lied. Hailey never told anybody at work, anything about her situation with Sam, as far as they know is that she is in a committed relationship with her boyfriend and that is all.

At lunch time, Hailey walked towards the school’s stuff room to grab her lunch, upon her desk there was a big basket, inside it, there was a dozen of roses, a huge teddy bear and a box of chocolate. There was a card inside the basket too. Hailey took a look at the card, it is from Sam.

“Oh, how sweat, you see my husband would never do something like this for me. He can’t even remember our wedding anniversary. He comes home on the night of our wedding anniversary after work, had dinner and then goes balling with his mates from high school.” Angela said, as she walked up from behind.

https://images.pexels.com/photos/159823/kids-girl-pencil-drawing-159823.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=2&h=650&w=940
Hailey smiled. “Yeah, I really am lucky.” Hailey said softly.

“How many men still remember to send his girl flowers like this after all these years? Angela’s husband can’t even remember their wedding anniversary. I really am lucky.” Hailey thought to herself, ignoring all the physical and emotional abuse Sam do to her, including the fact that one year ago, Sam legally married the daughter of a rich man, who live up in the Gold Coast, for the money, after he only know the rich girl for two months.

Hailey smiled.

School finished around three thirty in the afternoon, by four o’clock, all children in Hailey’s class, have gone home. Hailey quickly packed up her stuff, walked out of the school and started walking towards the train station to go home.

“Hi” A familiar voice stopped Hailey’s footstep. It was Sam.

Hailey turned around. Sam was standing next to his car.

“Hi” Hailey said

“Did you get the basket I gave you?” Sam asked

“Yes, it is nice, thank you.” Hailey replied

“I know you like Lilly, but they only have Roses, but here is a Lilly.” Sam smiled, hanging the one Lilly that he got upon his hands to Hailey.

https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1508733990996-0299ac6ca2db?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&ixid=eyJhcHBfaWQiOjEyMDd9&auto=format&fit=crop&w=334&q=80Hailey took the flower. She smelled it and smiled “Thanks. I love it.”

“I am sorry for losing my temper yesterday I…”Sam’s sentence is cut off.

“It’s Ok.” Hailey said

Sam smiled “I don’t know what I did, to deserve you. You are such a great girl.” Sam said “Come on, let’s go home.” Sam continued

“Ok,” Hailey replied.

“Hey, Hailey!” Emma’s voice, burst into existence, from behind.

Emma noticed Hailey, left her cell phone at her and Chan’s apartment and decided to drive by Hailey’s school, to give it to her.

Sam turned his head around and the second he saw Emma, everything became like a mafia standoff.

“Emma Simpson” Sam looked seriously and said

“Sam Brown” Emma replied

Emma and Sam met twice before, both times Emma saved Hailey from been bash up by Sam.

“What do you want?” Sam asked Emma

“None of your business” Emma replied and then she turned to Hailey. “You left your cell phone.” Emma said

“You stay the FUCK away from my girlfriend, you fucked lesbian!!!” Sam finally lost his temper again. He waved his fist towards Emma, ignoring the fact Emma, is a girl.

Emma made a swift move to the left and kicked Sam in the stomach, her two years of Kick boxing training, was paying off.

Sam felled to the ground. Emma moved back and waited for Sam to make his move.

Sam grabbed a metal bar that was on the ground next to him. He stood up and waved it towards Emma. Emma jumped backwards, and then she kicked Sam twice, once in the stomach and once on his face.


Sam fell to the ground. Emma went to take Sam’s metal bar, away from him and throw it into the river, across the road. Sam was in too much pain to refuse. Emma grabbed the metal bar away from Sam, when she did that Hailey thought Emma, was going to use that metal bar to hit Sam and she quickly ran to Sam’s defense.


“No, Emma, don’t do it.” Hailey quickly said

Emma took a quick look at Hailey and threw the metal bar into the river, as she originally planned and then return to Hailey.

“Come on, you are coming to stay at our place tonight.” Emma said

“I’ll be fine. I’ll go home.” Hailey said

“You sure?” Emma frowned

Hailey nodded.

Emma took a look at Sam, who was still on the ground. “You better don’t let me down punk.” Emma said, and then she walked back to her car and drove away.

“You Ok, sweetie?” Hailey went to Sam’s side and said

Normally, Sam would slap Hailey right across the face, under this sort of circumstances, putting out the anger he gains from such embarrassment on Hailey, but consider what happened yesterday, Sam decided to restrain himself, from hitting Hailey, today.

“I’m fine.” Sam replied as Hailey helped him to his feet.

“Look I really don’t want you to hang out with that Emma girl any more Ok?” Sam said

Hailey nodded “Ok.” She replied.

Hailey helped Sam into the car’s passenger seat, and then she went to sit in the driver seat and drove the car home.

Hailey and Sam live in an apartment within the suburbs. It is actually kind of funny to refer to this place as Hailey and Sam’s apartment, this especially considering the fact Sam only spend one or two days living here, every one or two weeks. Sam worked up in the Gold Coast and that was where he spent most of his time.

Sam and Hailey got off the car.

“Go take a bath, dinner will be ready soon.” Sam said

Hailey nodded.

Hailey walked into the bathroom, inside the bathroom, the bath tub was been filled by steaming hot bubble bath.

“Nobody ever does anything like this for me. I really am a lucky girl.” Hailey thought to herself.

Hailey took off her pink sweater and navy-blue jean and laid it against the chair next to the bathroom’s door. There were a few bruises on her back, she got those from the yesterday, when Sam hit her, there was also a scar mark of been wiped by a belt, she got that from Sam six months ago.

Hailey slowly walked into the water and sat down and relax.

A few minutes later, Sam walked in, with a glass of champagne and gave it to Hailey.

“Dinner would be ready soon.” Sam said

“Thanks” Hailey said

In the same time in Chan and Emma’s apartment

https://images.pexels.com/photos/298926/woman-kitchen-man-everyday-life-298926.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=1&w=500
“I heard you went to see Hailey after work today.” Chan said to Emma, they just finished dinner and were washing the dishes in the kitchen.

“She forgot her mobile at our house. I swine by the place she works, to give it to her.” Emma said

“Was Sam there?” Chan asked

“Yes, how did you know?” Emma asked

“I’m psychic. I know everything.” Chan joked “Just a lucky guess. I figure he would show up at the place she works, under this sort of circumstances, just in case Hailey have some good friend that is starting to talk some sense into her.” Chan said

“He showed up, but I am not certain about intention.” Emma said

“I am never certain about his intention either. It is just a guess, assuming Hailey is speaking the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, when it comes to her relationship with Sam.” Chan replied

“What do you mean?” Emma asked

“Maybe she is telling the truth when it come to her relationship with Sam, maybe she is not, maybe she is not telling the whole truth, maybe she is telling the whole truth, maybe she is telling some truth and some lie. I don’t know.” Chan replied

“You don’t trust her?” Emma asked

“No” Chan replied

“Well, I believe her. Sam tried to attack me today.” Emma said. It is not something she wants to tell Chan, it just accidentally slipped out of her mouth.

“He what?!” Chan frowned and said

“But it’s Ok, my two years of Tai-Kong Dow and Kick Boxing training paid off. I knocked him down.” Emma quickly said

“Well, are you alright? Are you hurt?” Chan asked

“Yes, I’m fine. I was so good that he didn’t even have an opportunity to touch me.” Emma said.

“Were the kids there?” Chan asked

“No, they weren’t” Emma said

“Look, I don’t want you to have anything to do with them anymore. This has gone way too far. I mean that is attempt physical assault. I mean, I don’t mind giving Hailey a place to crash, when she says she is getting bash up by her guy, assuming she is telling the truth, but that is under the circumstances where I know you and the kids would remain safe. I really don’t want you to have anything to do with her anymore, Ok?” Chan said

“I can look after myself and as for the kids. I won’t let anything happen to them.” Emma said

“You got lucky this time, but what if he brings muscle the next time or a knife?” Chan said

“Look, Hailey is one of my best friends, I can’t just abandon her.” Emma said

“This is not a laughing matter…” Chan’s sentence was been cut off

“I’ll be fine.” Emma said

Chan knows that nothing he say, could stop her, not unless he ties her up in the house and won’t let her leave and he is not intending to do something like that.

Chan sighed “Fine, just promise me one thing. Make sure the kids would remain safe in this Ok?” Chan said

“Of course,” Emma smiled. She kissed Chan on the chick.

“We are out of milk, I am going to the super market down stair to buy some and by the way check out that new music store they got. You want anything?” Chan asked

“Yap, some shampoo too, would you, the brand I normally use.” Emma said

Chan smiled “Alright” he said

Chapter Two Part 1 of 2

Context Page

No comments:

Post a Comment