Novel Cinderella Tears: Hailey's Story (Context Page)

Novel Cinderella Tears: Hailey's Story (Context Page)

CryptoTab

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Chapter Eleven Part 1 of 2

~The following day Thursday Afternoon 15th September, Gold Coast

 Rita was angry. She was planning to seek revenge on Jeff, for breaking her plan.

“Rita, just let it go. It is not worth it.” Chung said in Chinese

Chung is Rita’s real boyfriend “This has gone too far.” He said

“Do you have any idea, how much time I spend, working on that Jeff Stanmore? Now for some reason, he grew a few brain cells. My family spent a lot of money to get me into this country, just so our entire family can eventually come to Australia, but thanks for him, now it is all ruin.” Rita replied also in Chinese, the entire conversation between the two of them were in Chinese, the two of them were sitting in a coffee shop. There wasn’t a single Asian person in sight.

“Well, maybe you should not have been trying to get a citizenship, by been a con artist. Then, we won’t have this problem, to begin with. What happened to you Rita?” Chung asked

“You know about it. You agreed to it.” Rita said

“I agree, but I never supported it. I told you that, there must be another way, a more ethical way. But no, you won’t listen. You say this is the best way of doing it and you insist on carrying it through. I never support it. I just decided not to stand in your way.” Chung said

“You have no idea, why I am doing this. This is important to me and my family, coming to Australia. I cannot fail them. They give up everything for me, just so I can come to this country, just so sooner or later, I can bring them here. They are all counting on me. Every single one of them” Rita said

“My brother is going back to Beijing. He got the license to open up his own magazine company. I am thinking about going back too, I got a job offer with CCTV. Come home with me.” Chung replied

“No.” Rita said

“Look, if it makes you feel any better, I got this mate of mine that work in the same newspaper, as I work in. He knows this guy, who makes a living, by marrying foreign girls, so they can get an Australian citizenship. I can hook you up, if you really want to stay this much.” Chung replied.

“You still don’t get it, do you?” Rita replied

“God, what the hell happen to you, Rita? I mean seriously. What happened to you? Your mum died in Tiananmen Square, she was one of the protest organizers. She is a hero and her daughter…”Chung sighed “I don’t even know who you are anymore. You changed.”

“Just don’t stand in my way. I don’t need you to have my back. Just don’t stand in my way. I will get both of us, citizenship of this country. Then we will go home together. If anything bad happen to us at home, due to any form of reason, we got another country to retreat to.” Rita said

“If this is all you want, then why con Jeff Stanmore? Why do you keep hurting the Stanmores? What did they ever do to you? Leave those poor people along.” Chung said

Rita didn’t say anything.

“Is it true what happened to his wife, Sabrina Stanmore?” Chung asked

“What about it?” Rita asked

“That she got so angry about what her husband did that she died of a stroke.” Chung said

Rita nodded

“Haven’t you gone far enough?” Chung said

Rita looked at Chung, “No” she replied

Chung sigh “You changed Rita. You are not my Rita any more. I don’t know who you are, not anymore.” Chung replied

“Are you leaving me?” Rita said

“You did this all to yourself. It is over, Rita.” Chung said

“It is Yan, isn’t it?! Isn’t it?!” Rita yelled angrily, Yan is another Chinese girl that Chung knows “I saw the way you look at her.”

“If you really want that Australian citizenship so much, if that is all you want, you would have taken up my last offer!” Chung said angrily “We get re married. I got a permanent residency already. Within a few years, I would be allegeable for citizen and if we remain married, I can get you a citizenship too.”

”And to count on you?! What if you stab me in the back, how is I supposed to know, you are not going to change?!” Rita yelled angrily.

“I know the important of been cautious too. I know that sometime, the people you thought you can trust, might disappoint you. But you know me for seventeen years. We grew up together. You know me. Do you really, have so little faith in me?” Chung asked

“I…” Rita said

“Even if we put that aside, is getting an Australian citizenship, all that important to you, that you would hurt these innocent people like this? And even if it is, is it really necessary, for you to take these dramatic measures?” Chung asked

Rita didn’t say anything

“You changed. You are not in this purely for a citizenship. You are doing this because you want the Stanmores’ family fortune and you want a citizenship too and you know that Jeff Stanmore is really just a innocent child, gift wrapped in a full grown man’s body and you take advantage, of the innocent, of that poor kid and you turned him into your puppet and lap dog and you start taking everything you want from him, his money, his life, everything. You know, it is people like you that give us Chinese a bad name in this country. You say the western conservative culture turns none white to be the negative others, with the idea that the white are the good, sensible and decent human been and none white to be the opposite. Well, congratulation, you just made a stereotype out of us, especially out of us, Chinese. That is right, because if the stereotype says that white people are good sensible and decent and none white to be the opposite, then your action of been a gold digger, fit right into the profile. You just gave those people, who believe in this stereotypical ideology, an example, that they can use to support this believe. A few more Chinese like this and we would have to start reminding people that, there are white girls, who are gold diggers too or they are going to start saying white woman are not gold diggers and none white woman are gold diggers, especially Chinese. You are doing one a hell of a great job, making a stereotype out of us. ” Chung said angrily “And you lied to me, you told me Jeff Stanmore agree to get into a fake marriage with you, so you can get an Australian citizenship. That is a complete lie. You used him, you manipulated him, you tricked him, you broken his marriage and you con his money that is what you did.”

“Just exactly, where did you get all of this information? How did you find out about it? Did Jeff Stanmore tell you about it?” Rita asked

“Rita, don’t you dare bring that poor kid into it. He got nothing to do with any of it. You leave that poor boy along. You put him through enough, already.” Chung warned

“Then how did you find out about it?” Rita asked

“It is none of your business. I suspected something odd, for quite a while already. So, I got a few white friends of mine, to do a bit of detective work on you. I know how little do you see of white people. So you won’t suspect anything. He got me the evidences.” Chung replied, part of Chung’s answer is a lie, Chung did suspect something, but his friend was far too stupid, to be able to figure out anything. The person, who gave him the evidence, is Jeff’s son, Mike. It was a reckless act on Mike’s part, considering the fact that, he has no idea, what sort of person, Chung really is and what is his knowledge towards this situation and whether he is involved in the con against Jeff. Mike thought that presenting these evidences to Chung, would freak out Rita, a little bit.

Chung sighed “You already got a house and two cars out of that guy. It is enough. In terms of the citizenship, I will help you think of something. Plus, your student visa is still valid. I am sure you can figure something out. You are getting straight A anyway. Go apply for post graduate, after you finished, that would at least buy you sometime. The offer still stand, I will get you a citizenship through our marriage, despite the fact, I don’t know whether I can trust you anymore, especially after what you done to the Stanmores.” Chung said

Rita didn’t say anything “You want it to be over between us. It is over between us. Go to your precious Yan. Just don’t stand in my way.” Rita said, she stood up from her chair and left the coffee shop.

Chung sighed and then he ordered another cup of coffee.

Chapter Eleven Part 2 of 2

No comments:

Post a Comment