Novel Cinderella Tears: Hailey's Story (Context Page)

Novel Cinderella Tears: Hailey's Story (Context Page)

CryptoTab

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Chapter Nine Part 1 of 2


~The following day, Tuesday Afternoon, 26th July, Sydney

Emma and Tang were within the hospital, they were working in. Emma was checking up on a few patients, while Tang on the other hand was teaching a group of medical interns.

Emma was talking to a patient, an elderly woman from Hong Kong, who can’t speak a single word of English, in Cantonese.

A few minutes later, Emma finished talking to the elderly lady and walked out of that patient’s room, while Tang on the other hand, also finished talking to the interns and had they dismissed.

Emma went to grab a bottle of water from the vending machine, while Tang was already there. He was standing there, deciding which of the vending machine’s chocolate bar, he is going to buy.

“How has your day been?” Emma asked Tang

“Not bad. What about yourself?” Tang asked

“Mrs. Zheng is going to need a lung transplant. There are no other options. Not good news, for a woman her age.” Emma said

“How old is she, sixty something, isn’t it?” Tang asked

“Seventy-one” Emma said

“Jesus” Tang said “That suck”

“Yeah, I know.” Emma said, as she started putting money into the vending machine, then she stopped “Oh, sorry, are you going to buy anything?”

“Nan, don’t worry about it. None of these chocolate bars looks yummy. You go ahead.” Tang said

“Thanks” Emma said, as she started putting money into the vending machine again. “So, you hook up with any more girls since those last two?” Emma asked

“Please, that shit, is for the weekend. I probably see if I can get another one on Saturday, if I feel like it. But now, I got work to do. So, have you discharged that Hailey Walker yet?” Tang said

“Yeah, I discharged her around noon.” Emma said

“She is a friend of your, isn’t it?” Tang said

“We went to high school together and we met up again last year.” Emma said, as she took her bottle of water out of the vending machine and opened it. Then the two of them started walking away from the vending machine.

“She is Chan’s ex?” Tang asked

“No” Emma said

“So, when is Chan and that Fatima girl, going to pick her up, she been waiting in the Cafeteria for hours.” Tang asked

“Who?” Emma replied

“Hailey Walker.” Tang replied.

“They say they would be here around six thirty, they should be almost here by now.” Emma said, she took a look at her watch, it was fifteen past six.

“That Fatima girl that you talk about, I think I saw her somewhere before. She looks familiar” Tang said

“You won’t believe me, if I tell you.” Emma said

“Try me” Tang replied

“She is a pop star.” Emma said

“Yeah right” Tang said, he doesn’t know any Australian celebrities.

“Yeah right what?” Chan’s voice came into existence, from a distance. Chan and Fatima were walking towards Emma and Tang. Chan was wearing a suit, with a red tie. Fatima was wearing a black dress, with long skirt. She looked rather stylish in it.

“Emma said, your friend Fatima there, is a pop star and I said yeah right.” Tang said

“Tang, this is Fatima. Fatima, this is Tang. But I see the two of you, have already met.” Chan said

“Briefly” Fatima said

“So, where is Hailey?” Chan asked

“She is waiting for you guys in the Cafeteria.” Emma said

“Where the hell is that, this place is a maze.” Chan said

“I’ll show you guys.” Emma said

“I got some stuff to do, can’t come with you guys. These interns can’t function without me.” Tang said

“Alright, I’ll see around, man. We are still on for balling, on Friday, right?” Chan said

“Yeah sure, your kids are going to watch their favor Uncle Tang kick ass.” Tang joked

“I’ll see you on Friday then.” Chan said, as he, Emma and Fatima started walking towards the hospital’s Cafeteria

“See yah” Tang replied, and then he turned his head around to answer an intern’s question.

Emma led Fatima and Chan to the hospital’s Cafeteria. There, they saw Hailey waiting. Hailey was sitting on a table, by the window.

“Hailey, how you been?” Fatima said

Hailey turned her head around and saw Fatima “Oh, hi Fatima, how are you?” she said

“Not bad, Jesus, it been ages, how have you been?” Fatima said

“I am going to go grab something to eat. I haven’t eaten anything all day. I’ll be back in a sec.” Chan said

“You skipped meal again? What is it about you and skipping meal?” Emma said “I am telling you, every single time, I pay little less attention, this guy started skipping meals.” Emma said

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, come on let’s go. Do any of you want to buy anything to eat first? It’s on me.” Chan said

“Nan, I’m fine” Fatima said

“Hailey” Chan asked

“I’m Ok” Hailey replied

“Alright let’s go.” Chan said, as he prepared to leave the hospital.

“I thought you said that, you are going on to go buy something to eat.” Fatima said

“Oh yeah, almost forgot. You know what? Forget about it, come on, let’s get going.” Chan said

“Oh no, you don’t. Not until we buy you something to eat. I am working a night shift today and I know if I don’t make you eat anything, you would probably skip dinner.” Emma said

“Babe, relax, I am going to buy the kids some dinner. I’ll be eating dinner of course.” Chan said

“You better do, he is always skipping meal because of his work.” Emma said

“What, I got a busy schedule. Sometime, I don’t have time for a proper meal.” Chan said

“That is why I always make sure he eats a proper meal, because if I don’t, he slips up. Make sure you gave a proper dinner with the kids tonight, alright babe?” Emma said

“Ok, fine. Come on, let’s go.” Chan said

Hailey picked up her purse, from the chair next to her, she was wearing pink, like usual.

The four of them started walking out of the hospital Cafeteria.

“I need to get back to the ER. You guys know the way out?” Emma asked

“Yeah, sure.” Chan said

With that, Emma walked towards the hospital’s ER. Chan, Fatima and Hailey started walking towards another direction, to the hospital’s exit.

“I heard that you have been voted as the top five most sexually desired women on TV.” Chan said to Fatima as they walked

“Yeah, I know, it is in just about all gossip magazines.” Fatima said Fatima is an extremely sexy and stylish girl

Fatima doesn’t need the magazine results to tell her that she is sexy, even before she became a pop star, she had plenty of guys pursuing her and asking her out, including her current husband, Muhammad, as a result, Fatima has always been extremely picky about man and only pick the best.

Chan did not saw Fatima in that sexual way of course, their relationship is more like brothers and sisters.

“Good for business, as a celebrity, I suppose.” Chan said

“I don’t know, maybe. We will see.” Fatima said

No comments:

Post a Comment