Novel Cinderella Tears: Hailey's Story (Context Page)

Novel Cinderella Tears: Hailey's Story (Context Page)

CryptoTab

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Chapter 16 Part 2 of 2

A few minutes later, Eric and Chan, came close to Hailey’s room within the hospital.

Tang was standing nearby and he was teaching a group of interns. Nancy Paterson, who is one of Tang’s, most trusted lieutenants, within this hospital, stood next to him. When he saw Chan and Eric came by, Tang told Nancy to take over the class and then he went to talk to Chan.

“Emma isn’t here today.” Tang said

“I know. I came here to check on Hailey Walker.” Chan replied

“She is stable. She is still insisting that she fell down the stairs. Words on the street is that she gotten bashed up by her boyfriend. But as I said, she is still insisting that she fell down the stairs and nothing else.” Tang said

Chan smiled “Of course she is going to say that. This is Hailey we are talking about.” Chan said

“I heard somebody called her, a full-time care taker.” Tang said

“A friend, Fatima” Chan said

“The celebrity?” Tang asked

“She is up in California right now. But she made a telephone call, to her assistant, in Sydney, to get Walker a full-time care taker, the second she heard the news. Emma SMS the news to her.” Chan said

“She seems like a nice person.” Tang said

“She is. Fatima is a nice person. Plus, she and Hailey are good friends and not to mention that, like many celebrities, Fatima is rich, she can afford it.” Chan said

“Lucky.” Tang replied

“Yap” Chan said “Look, is it alright, if I go inside, to talk to her along, for a few seconds?” Chan finally asked

“Yeah sure, of course, just don’t take too long. She is still really weak.” Tang replied

“Alright” Chan said and then he turned to Eric “Eric, is it alright, if I talk to Hailey along?”

“Yes sir, I’ll wait out here.” Eric replied

“Thanks” Chan replied

Chan walked into Hailey’s room and close the door behind him, leaving Eric and everybody outside.

Hailey was happy to see Chan, she smiled “Hey”

Chan sighed heavily “How are you feeling.” He said and took a seat next to Hailey.

“The doctors won’t let me out of the hospital.” Hailey replied

“Well, you seriously screw up big time, this time around.” Chan said

There were a few seconds of silent, neither Chan nor Hailey said anything.

“Dr. Tang Wong, he is your brother, isn’t it?” Hailey finally asked

“Yes.” Chan replied “You should listen to him, he is one of the best doctors in the world, the board of this hospital, is trying convinces him to stay in Australia, to be the hospital’s new Chief of Medicine.”

“Is he staying?” Hailey asked

“I don’t think so. He is not used to, some of this country’s customs.” Chan said

“It’s interesting” Hailey said and then, there was another few seconds of silent. “I heard some people say, Tang is a bit as a player.” Hailey finally said

“He can be sometime, in his free time.” Chan said “I heard people saying, you are telling everybody that, you are in here, because you fall down the stairs, all by yourself.”

“I…I” Hailey wasn’t sure what to say

“Hey, you know none of those doctors out there, are buying it. Now, you are not going to start lying to me too, are you?” Chan said

“I thought you say that, you are not going to talk to me anymore.” Hailey said

“Considering the circumstances, I can make an exception. Come on girly, spill it, what happened?” Chan said

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Hailey said

“You have been bugging me, with your emotional problems, for years and now you don’t want to talk? Are you kidding me?” Chan said

“Look I just…” Hailey’s sentence was been cut off

“Hailey, I swear to god, talk or die.” Chan said

“I don’t know. I am just so confused.” Hailey said

“And you wonder, why I say, you would make a bad mother. I heard you lost your baby, because of this. Is it true?” Chan said

Hailey nodded

“And you wonder, why I say, you make a bad mother. Look at what happened to your kid. How can you take care of anybody, when you can’t even take care of yourself? Sam hit you, didn’t he? You know? None of these would happen, if you leave Sam.” Chan said

“It…it is just hard.” Hailey said

“Even for the sack of your child, is it? God, you are selfish.” Chan said

“I…I” Hailey couldn’t think of the right thing to say.

“Look girl, I am going to tell you this once and only once.” Chan said, he knows Hailey well and he has a good idea, what is most likely to be going on inside her head and he has decided to get straight to the point, assuming he is right about, what is going on inside Hailey’s head “Fact number 1, there is no universal rule of what true happiness is supposed to be and what true love is supposed to be. I know you Hailey, you been through a lot while you growing up, your dad hit you and your mum, you gone through numerous foster home while growing up and as a result, for some reason, I don’t really understand, you might have this image of what true love and true happiness is supposed to be like, a lot of those ideas are been feed to you via fairytales such as Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. I might be able to understand why, if I am a female, but I am not, I am a male. But anyway, those are just stories, not reality. Plus, those stories normally just say, they live happily ever after, but give no definition of it. If Cinderella and her prince are soul mate, that might justify the happily ever after, but if Cinderella’s prince is a player, who cheat on her on a 24/7 basis and would chop her head off, if she can’t give her a male hair, well, if that is true happiness, then I rather don’t want it. Same with Snow White, if her prince is a funny guy that make her laugh, then that might be a happily ever after, but if her prince is a wife beater, who lock her up in a dungeon, all the time. If that is true happiness, I rather don’t want it. Now, let’s look at some real-life woman that married into royal family. That chick who married into the…I think Demark royal family, Princess Mary, well she and her husband seem happy, although they probably have their up and downs, just like any couples, but overall they seem to be a lovely couple and her husband seem like a lovely guy, so Ok, maybe that is happily ever after, but let’s take another example, take a look at the most world famous, Princess Diana, she married to a prince too and what happened to that? Well, if that is happiness, I rather don’t want it.” Chan said

Hailey looked at Chan.

“Do you know what fairytale is all about? They are written to reinforce conservative ideology. Just like most conservative ideologies, western conservative ideology is sexist towards female and because they are usually written during a more sexist day, to a great extent, it was also written to reflect male sexual desire, in other word, our sexual desire. Protecting a weak, helpless, innocent, passive and beautiful girl in distress, play a role in male sexual desire, in many cultures. In western culture, it also results in a situation, where the conservative culture believes that, a true woman is supposed to be a weak, helpless and innocent victim and those who play contrast to it, are not real woman and are evil, but anyway, we are getting off topic here. The point is, those fairytales are just stories, that are there to reflect conservative ideologies and male sexual desires, our sexual desire, they are not a reflection of reality and definitely not to reflect your interest, they are there to support conservative ideology interest and our male sexual desire interest only, they are written for us guys, not for you girls and it definitely don’t reflect reality.” Chan said

Hailey didn’t say anything. “Are there any that reflect otherwise?” Hailey said

“Maybe yes, maybe no, but the point is, they are just stories, not reality. They are just like a soap opera. They are fiction, don’t mistaken fiction, to be reality. If you want to read a story, that reflects reality, read a biography or a history book, not fairy tales.” Chan said

Hailey didn’t say anything, she didn’t really want to hear this and if it was anybody, other than Chan, Hailey would tell him/her to stop.

“Fact number 2, based on what I know, I think you want a very romantic relationship and your probably also believe, that is what true love and true happiness is supposed to be. Now, I don’t know whether that got anything to do with those fairytales none sense, I think it might be related, to those fairy tale shit. But anyway, I think, because Sam is really good at been romantic and because you have a preexisting believe, that this is what true love and true happiness is supposed to be, despite the fact he bash you up on a 24/7 basis, cheat on you on a 24/7 basis and legally married another woman and leaving you in the cold, on a 24/7 basis...”Chan’s sentence has been cut off

“But this and that is different.” Hailey replied

“And how is it different? Now, please enlighten me, how is a relationship, where you get bash up on a 24/7 basis, get cheat on a 24/7 basis and where your partner, legally married some bimbo and leave you in the cold on a 24/7 basis, a happy relationship.” Chan said

“Because he cares about me and he loves me and he make me feel special and…” Hailey’s sentence has been cut off.

“Is that the truth or is that just something, you are telling yourself?” Chan asked

“What do you mean?” Hailey asked

“When a person believes in something badly enough, sometime, they refuse to believe otherwise, due to various form of reasons. For example, maybe they can’t handle the truth and it is just easier for them to believe in the lie. They choose to see everything that has taken place, in a manner that is coalition with what they want to believe in or refuse to see anything in a manner, that is in contrast to what they want to believe in, not even if reality itself, have been served to them, on a silver platter. I am not going to pretend that I fully understand why people would act this way. I am not a professional. Ask Fatima, she would probably know more about this then me. Now, you say that you believe he loves you and cares about you. I cannot tell you, whether what you believe in is the truth or a lie. All I can tell you, in response to that statement, is what my dad always tells me, when I was growing up, ‘always be honest to yourself’ that is all.” Chan said

“I am” Hailey said

“For your own sack, I hope you are.” Chan said, he knows for a fact, Hailey is not been honest with herself, but he didn’t say anything in response to that, he believe she would not listen to that, unless she is willing to.

“Fact number 3, you are been really selfish, you know that? I mean, I thought you would have change, after you have a child, if not for your interest, then for your child’s interest. But no, you continue to do this, despite putting the life of your child in jeopardy. And you wonder why I say, you make a bad mother. You know, they say a mother would do anything for their child. I am not seen that within you, right now. Look at what sort of family, were you brining your child into.” Chan said

“A happy one” Hailey replied

“I am not going to say whether that is the case or not, but what you need to ask yourself is that, is this the truth or is it a lie that you’ve been telling yourself. Although I must say, your baby died before he or she even have the opportunity to see the world, in this world you are planning to bring him or her into. Now, if that is true happiness, I rather don’t want it. The rest is up to you to decide.” Chan said

Hailey still didn’t say anything. She really doesn’t want to hear any of these, anymore.

Chan sat there for a few more seconds. “You know, I think I own you apologize.” Chan said “When you first came to me, with your problems, all those years ago. I mean, it was just a few days in prior, when I asked you out and you told me you got a boyfriend. Then, a few days later, you told me about all of those problems, you have with Sam. I was surprised. You got me off guard. In that time, I thought my judgment might be clouded, because I originally was asking you out, so I suggested to you that all couples have their problems and that included you and Sam and you shouldn’t jump to conclusions that quickly, despite my instinct told me that this relationship means trouble. Maybe, if I suggested for you to dump him back then, none of these would have happened, considering you guys only dated for a short period of time, by then. I am sorry about that.” Chan said

“It’s Ok” Hailey said

Chan smiled, he took a look at his watch “It is almost eight. I probably should head off now. Plus, the doctor says, you should get more rest” Chan said, as he started to left the chair “Bye” Chan said

“Bye” Hailey replied

Chan started walking out the room.

“And Chan” Hailey quickly said, before he left the room.

“Yes, what’s up?” Chan replied

“Thanks” Hailey replied

“For what?” Chan asked

“For coming today, it means a lot to me.” Hailey said

Chan didn’t say anything, he smiled and then he left the room.

Eric was waiting outside the room, Tang has already left.

“She is all yours.” Chan smiled and said

“Thanks sir” Eric quickly said and then he walked into the room.

Tang walked towards Chan, “Was it a good conversation?” Tang asked

“It was interesting” Chan replied

Tang took a look at Eric, inside the room “The boy is in love, I think.” Tang said

Chan took a look at Eric, inside the room, too. “The poor boy has a crush. Poor kid, she is going to break his heart. It is my instinct.”

“Mine too.” Tang replied. “If the word on the street about Hailey is true, our sister Mulan and her husband, are opening up an English day care center at Taiwan. They could use a native speaker, who has teaching experience, working there. That is if Hailey come to her senses of course. I might be able to get her a job there, to get away from all of these. You know how hard it is, to find teacher who are both native English speakers and are qualified trained teacher, in Asia these days. But that is providing, if this Hailey girl came to her senses first, it is as you say, nobody can help her, unless she is willing to help herself. I can get her that job, if she is willing to help herself.” Tang said


No comments:

Post a Comment